Wednesday, June 1, 2011

All about me.

I  serve an AWESOME God.  I am not perfect, but I am forgiven!

Hello there!  My name is Mandy and I'm a mother to two wonderful little boys who try my patience on a regular basis. Noah was born in March 2005 and Cooper was born in October 2007.  They're the most amazing little people I have ever encountered in my life. I feel so proud that I helped to create them! I'm working hard to raise them to be respectful, compassionate young men...and I think I'm doing a pretty great job!


Ahhh, the obligatory family portrait.


I was blessed with Adam, my husband that is gorgeous, kind and thoughtful. He changes my oil, deals with my little quirks and tells me that I am beautiful most every day. I get frustrated that he confuses our bathroom floor for a hamper, begs me to adopt bull dogs that pee in my house and that he often forgets to take his muddy boots off before trapsing through the just-mopped kitchen, but I wouldn't trade him for the world.

I was born and partially raised in Indianapolis, Indiana. I moved to northern Florida with my very close0knit family when I was 17 and never really looked back.  We very much love the rural life and I am so happy to be raising my children in this beautiful area.

My husband and I both work full time as correctional law enforcement officers.  "The job" makes up a pretty large part of our life, but in a good way.  It's something we both love and take great pride in.  It's one of the more thankless jobs -- you hardly ever hear any praise of correctional officers, except in the unfortunate case that one dies in the line of duty -- but we are proud to do our part to protect the public. 


This was after my graduation from Basic Recruit Training!



In our spare time, you can usually find us at our ponds fishing or playing in the yard with our kids.  Or, as of lately, I'm completely indulging myself in my newfound love for knitting!


I am notorious for knitting in my car while I make Adam drive, haha

 In addition to my full time job, I am an Independent Scentsy Wickless Candles Consultant!  To check out my Scentsy webpage, click here to find out more.

Thank you, really, for coming to my blog!  I hope that in its contents you'll find something useful, something entertaining, something inspiring. 

0 remarks: